Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Punk Rock 101

So, don't know if I told you or not, but I auditioned for a band yesterday at school during lunch. To play rhythm guitar. I ended up getting the part, and apparently then some, I will be playing lead guitar. When I asked Savvi what kind of music we'd be playing she told me mostly punk. THANK YOU GODS. Then came the issue of an area to practice, turns out there's a local place called The School Of Rock. I was moved here for a reason. So I had to choose between two songs for today, it was either School of Rock by The School Of Rock (remember the movie with Jack Black? that's what it's from) or Punk Rock 101 by Bowling For Soup. I think the choice was obvious as it is stated in large print above this post. The Song Of The Day is Punk Rock 101 by Bowling For Soup. Good song, two or three references to Bon Jovi songs. The video is funny. I like the lyrics. But yeah, I'm in a band and I've only lived here for (almost) 3 weeks. This band doesn't get any of my lyrics though, most are being saved for Broken Sanity. And I'm not singing, and I can't picture a chick, no matter how hardcore she is, singing most of them. Regardless, I've read some of Savvi's lyrics (not sure how she likes it spelled, but that's how I see it. I'll correct myself later.) and they're pretty kickass. I've already got some chords planned out for the one that I read, I only read over it once, but I've got most of it memorized. Anyway, I'm gonna get back to work on those chords, actually, I have school tomorrow so I lied. I'm going to bed, you're going to finish reading this and post my link to facebook or twitter or whatever the fuck you use, right? No? Was worth a shot. Before I go, who remembers the show Megas XLR? The theme song at the very beginning, it's called Chicks Dig Giant Robots, and it's by Deathwish iX. Which I cannot locate on the magical internet device. So if you find where I can get it, please post a link to my page in the comments section.

Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment