Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

99 Red Balloons

So yeah, I can't sleep. Mum was just down here bothering me about getting up to bed though, so this one will be quick, no ranting tonight. At least I hope not.
The Song of The Day is 99 Red Balloons by Goldfinger. Again, I remember Rocket and I half-singing-half-reciting it this one time. I can't remember if it was when we were making a cake at her place (which I didn't even get to try!) or our last picnic in the park though. I think the park one was when I sang Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold as she spun me around on the "Spinning Circle of Dizzyness and Death" (y'know, those things that you lie in the middle of in the playground and have your friends spin you till you puke. I don't know what they're actually called.) no wait, that wasn't Nightmare, it was some A7X song though so whatever.
When I first heard this song I didn't really get it, so I was talking to my mum about it and her understanding of it is that every balloon represents a dream or hope. As he's letting the balloons go off, he's letting go of the hopes and dreams he held in the past. Which is kinda sad...
Anyway, the song is a cover of some German song, 99 Luft Balons by.... well shit, I can't remember who played it originally. But the original sounds all funky, in a good way.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment