Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer of '69

Had an amazing time with my friends this weekend, these past two days probably made my summer, even with me moving. The Song of The Day is Summer of '69 by Bowling For Soup, while originally by Bryan Adams. If you ignore the obscure fact that the song is entirely about the 69 position in sex, the song is about an unforgettable summer. The movers come next week, so I'm packing up my music shit and preparing to take my show on the road for a week. But I'll still be posting whenever I can during our move. The reason I chose the cover of this song is simple, I like it better. And the original song reminds me of someone I'd like to forget. WOW, the bass from my amp is shaking my bed and my bookshelf. Let me turn that down real quick.... Okay. Anyway, back to the weekend. Yesterday me and my friends from our original band (Broken Sanity) walked around and scared customers away from a local Target store. We then went down to the Boardwalk on Destin Harbor. My friends Dad picked us up and we then went to Baytowne Warf. KICKASS PLAYGROUND! I don't care how old you are, Tag is one of the most fun games ever. What's better than tag? PARKOUR TAG. Vaulting over children and small walls and fences. Failing a 7 foot drop tag from above. It was badass. Then today we went out to Crab Island under Destin Bridge and watched the Chicken Fights. One girl almost got her shirt ripped off! We swam around a bit, then my eyes were on fire from the saltwater. So we got goggles and did some underwater submission fighting. I lost twice and (almost) won once. We all played Everywhere I Go by Hollywood Undead on our guitars and sang (It sounds much better with 4 guitars instead of just one, sorry Charlie Scene, but I think you were just outdone on your guitar playing. again.) We're all hanging out again tomorrow so we can finish our cover and the MK Rap.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life,

No comments:

Post a Comment