Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dude I Totally Miss You

So, Battle of The Bands is tomorrow. My band Euphonious is going on, well most of it. Fat Bastard has a wake to go to. I guess it's some kind of funeral or something, it's a legitimate excuse. The BOTB has me thinking about Florida again. Trying to get in touch with my brothers Vic and Jordon, not working out so well. The Song of The Day is Dude I Totally Miss You by Tenacious D ("no homo" as Vic would say. lolz)
I feel like I should be nervous for the BOTB, but I've got this weird kind of calm over my mind right now. I know the songs by heart, or rather by fingertips (get it? Cuz I play the guitar? Whatever, my Grandma thinks I'm funny), so I won't have any issues, except that we changed our Setlist now that I've convinced Savvy to sing for us. Points to me! Hopefully she's memorized the fucking words by now. We're doing only one cover, it's You're Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring. The solo isn't that hard, for the guitar, so long as the Bass-man can play the bass solo/bridge (if he can perfect the song in one night, he has earned my respect. I'mm gonna tell him if he doesn't know it, don't come on stage.), and so long as Savvy has learned the lyrics by tomorrow night. Then we're good. I'll be wearing my mask as usual. Can't have the crowd ignoring my playing because of my fucked up face.
Anyway Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment