Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Janie's Got A Gun

Today marks a sad, sad day for me. It's time to hang up Janie, my acoustic guitar. I named her after the song Janie's Got A Gun by Aerosmith, which is the Song of The Day for today. A few weeks ago, during our preparation for Battle of The Bands, I was getting ready in the morning and let the dogs in so they could eat before I left for school. What does Baby Dog do? She runs in and jumps on my guitar. I didn't notice until last week the giant crack along the part where the neck and body join, and it was only getting worse from all the tension the strings were putting on the neck.
So now the neck is warping inward towards the back, we're gonna try to fix it with old fashioned steam therapy and gorilla glue, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I can scrap the tuner, strings, and pickup from it, but the body is going on the wall.
So the only good thing that really happened today is that I got new strings for my electric. Ernie Ball Super Slinky's, but now I'm out of cash. That's okay for now, cuz The Stepfather owes me 10 bucks, and there's been like 5 people emailing me about some stuff I've posted on Craigslist. (I'll post the links to my ads below. Only reply if you live in the Boise area and are willing to make a drive.)
http://boise.craigslist.org/for/2801312436.html
http://boise.craigslist.org/tag/2801529085.html
http://boise.craigslist.org/vgm/2805302446.html
http://boise.craigslist.org/clt/2781838570.html

So yeah. Minimal good came out of today, and nothing good can come out of this weekend. I know The Stepfather won't drive me out to see Rocket, and I don't think her grandparents would drive all the way out here just so she could spend a couple hours with me. I'm probably going to have to watch the baby anyway.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment