Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sentimental Johnny

Yesterdays Song of The Day was Sentimental Johnny by Flogging Molly. First thing my mom talks to me about after she comes home from her surgery is this song. Tells me that the band has to do a cover of it. In honesty, I'm sick of everybody saying what we need to do covers of. Like we're not good enough to come up with our own fucking songs. We shouldn't be focused on doing any covers at all. We should be focusing on our own music. Battle of The Bands is coming up in January, and we have 30 minutes to fill, and we will fill all 30 minutes. We will not be some sideshow to other local bands. Her Beauty Beheld, they are the competition we have to worry about. Some hardcore punk or metal band, they've been around since 2009 and we've only just started, they have the local support, and have done lots of shows. So if we don't perform our fullest, we'll lose. I swear if anybody fucks up, I stab them. Myself included. Right in the fucking foot, stick 'em to the stage. Yeah. Anyway, I'm not pissed at my mum for telling me we need to do a cover of some song, she was loopy on morphine. :) anyway, I don't know of a song for today.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment