Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wisdom of The Snow

Every song tells a story, but in my opinion, the best stories are those told without words. The Wisdom of The Snow by The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is the Song of The Day, and it tells the saddest story to me. When I hear this song, it saddens me. I see a couple walking down a forest path in December, snow falling from the heavens, and the trees and ground sparkling in the moonlight like the stars in the sky. And then, he says something stupid, she slaps him and starts crying. He falls to his knees in the snow as she runs away crying. The scene changes. He comes home to a note, her stuff is gone. She'll be staying with her friend, he wants to go to her. To apologize, to fix it, but he doesn't go. Not at first. The scene changes again. He goes to her. She clings to him, they both apologize like crazy. Then they kiss. The song ends, as does the story. I don't know why I see this, but I do. I'm just glad it's not me and Rocket that I'm seeing. That's all for now readers.
What's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment