Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

I know where I want to be in the future. I want to be with Rocket. 2 years from now, 10 years. 20. 30. 40. 50345315986598069906. The number doesn't matter, the point is that I want to be with her. And I'm an idiot. I ruin things, it's what I do. Marriages, friendships, families, songs. I ruin things. But now it's serious. I may have ruined the single greatest thing to happen to me ever.
Those of you that really know me know that I have a bit of a temper. And when I lose that temper, hell breaks loose. This was different. I was holding it in, but letting things slip intentionally. I hate myself for it, I didn't know I could be that mean. I was mad at her, but then I wasn't. I'm mad at myself for this, because this is what happens (This is why I can't have nice things! sorry, false humor keeps me from completely breaking down). I've had a couple times where the difference between knowing and not knowing could have saved me a lot of trouble, and probably a couple friends (Like if I knew that kid was Jewish I probably wouldn't've made the Hitler joke at that party). So I have this thing about not knowing stuff, especially when people bring it up and then refuse to speak of it. It defeats the purpose, why say something about it if you're not going to elaborate? Maybe I am just a total idiot who's going to end up ruining his life because of some information, and if I do then it's all on my paranoia and I'll probably lose my mind because of the guilt and end up dead in a gutter like Old Edgar. (Poe. Cuz they found him dead drunk in a ditch. Get it?)
Family and friends, I'm done giving a fuck what you think (Unless you're my grandmother and grandfather, in that case I fear you like the Gods themselves, but please back off on me for this one. I don't mean to be rude, but please) I'm in love with Rocket, and if I could tell you her real name then I would. But this is the internet and I'm not about to release somebody else's name and/or information. If you people only knew the amount of pain it inflicts upon my soul hearing her cry or sound any sort of sad. Or how I was worried last night when her property and home were almost ablaze. Or how horrible I feel for getting expelled and getting us all in trouble. All because I'm an idiot, and I ruin things. So what's there left to do but try to explain (if she'll let me. My dog seems to think she'll forgive me. Or maybe Blue is just scratching at her fleas..), and pray to the Gods that we can work out everything that's been going on. Wish me luck Readers. And Rocket, if you're reading this one, I'm sorry and I'm going to prove it tomorrow if you'll still come out to see me. Whatever it takes, remember?
Readers, the Song of The Day is I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers. What's yours?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment