Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kick Out The Jams

So, I don't think I've mentioned how much I love doing collaborative writing, but I fucking love it. You got your brain and a good friend or a couple other partners working on a song and it just turns out beautifully. I've done this a couple times and now I'm doing it again. Working with Savvy (of Euphonious) again, and The Girl (from older posts in Florida). The Girl provided the scrap lyrics from some poem she wrote a couple years ago but never finished, and I talked Savvy into helping me out because my chorus needs a little work and I need some ideas for the break. Going to try to get Rocket in on this, but her and Savvy had a falling out and I don't know if they could work together. I kinda feel bad going to Savvy first, but she's had more experience in writing lyrics. Rocket has written one set that I know of, and even though it was freaking cool she just doesn't have the experience yet. Maybe that's all the more reason to bring her in. So she can learn more about what I love to do, that could help with our issues right? I mean, learning more about eachother is rarely a bad thing (I totally just put a jinx on myself or something didn't I? Fuck...). I know that I want both her and Savvy on the recording of it. All the while I have to report back to The Girl on the production of it since it did start with her original work. I plan on putting on the demo I'm trying to produce if it works out. So the Song of The Day is Kick Out The Jams by Rage Against The Machine. Even though it's mainly about sex, it's also about music. So fuck off.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment