Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Swim

I like Jack's Mannequin. Their music is soft, inspirational, and good. Swim is about not giving up, no matter how hard it gets. If you keep your head above the waters of darkness and sadness, you can see how bright life actually is when we make it through whatever we're going through. Be it death, depression, anger, or just overall horrible circumstances, just keep going. I like to think that this song was written to keep people from suicide. Maybe one person in specific, maybe just as a charity for the world. I went to the music video on youtube and there are currently 81 out of 4,131 people that have seen this video and heard the song that disliked it. I feel sorry for those uninspired bastards and hope that they can find other ways to fulfill their life goals other than to "just keep swimming" (Finding Nemo reference!). So the Song of The Day is Swim by Jack's Mannequin. Weird band name I know, somebody once tried to tell me that they're all about death and suicide and everything, poor bastard. I know that my recent posts have been kind of short, but in light of the song and mood I'm in I'd like to take a moment to discuss suicide. I read in a newspaper that more Active-Duty military soldiers commit suicide than die in combat. And one of my good friends recently took their own life as well. What drives people to this borderline insanity can't be attributed to one specific cause, it's an overall thing. Some people can't take the stress of everyday life, some people think that their life is pointless and has no meaning. Some people might be right, but just because the world's gone to shit, doesn't mean that you can call it quits. "Just keep your head above", don't give in to the waves and currents of everyday life, Swim.
Now readers, all 99 of you that are registered to blogger, what is your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment