Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Behind Blue Eyes

The Song of The Day is Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit. Yes, it's a cover, but a damn good one. Now those that know me well, mainly my face, know that I don't have blue eyes. But that's not the point, and I didn't choose this song because I'm sad or depressed or anything like that. I chose this song because the lyrics hold truth in them. Nobody knows what it's like for the other person. You don't know their story, you don't know their past, and it's not for you to speculate about. You don't know what thoughts or memories lay behind those eyes of theirs. Whether or not they're holding back some secret anger. Whether or not they're on a quest for vengeance or safety. If they're sad, feeling down or hated, or how they really feel at that moment. And when you do find their past, don't hold it against them. I know I used to point this out frequently, but our generation has drifted too far from the old ways. The world has become rotten and evil to the point where most people will use whatever information they have to ruin anyone they can, just to make themselves feel better, and that's not right Readers. Just because somebody has had a rough past, whether it was their fault or whether somebody else caused it, doesn't mean that they aren't a good person. Who they were may have made them who they are today, but that shouldn't change what you think of them. And if it does, if when you find out that bit of their backstory that's hidden from the world you completely change how you think of them, shame on you. You are one of the types of people that makes me wish I had access to a nuclear power and the satellites to direct it. 
The song was originally by The Who.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment