Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm Just A Kid

I'm done with hope, because hoping for things only leads to disappointment and the realization of how impossible your objective was in the first place, which then leads to sadness. So hope=sadness. In what could be my last Song of The Day for a while, I plan to say a lot. I won't, but I plan to.
The Song of The Day is I'm Just A Kid by Simple Plan, that's what I am, just a kid. In the eyes of my parents, in the eyes of the world, in the eyes of everyone I'm just a stupid kid. That's not going to be how they see me tomorrow though, tomorrow they'll just see a person who committed a crime or two. They won't see a kid, which isn't fair. A lot of it isn't fair or doesn't make sense though. You all tell us that as teenagers we need to start acting like adults, but refuse to stop treating us as children. Then when we start acting responsible and trying to be more adult you tell us that we have to appreciate the time we have because once we turn 18 nothing is fun anymore. Nothing is fun right now. I literally have one fun day a week if I'm lucky, and the only reason that it's fun is because I get to spend time with Rocket. Which doesn't happen very often anymore because I got expelled and my stepfather doesn't like her for absolutely no reason what-so-fucking-ever. He's trying to be nicer though, I know he is. He just really sucks at it, really. The point is that no matter what happens tomorrow, it won't feel right. Rocket, Dmitri, and I could get away with no punishment whatsoever, and I'd only feel more guilty. Or I get sent to juvie and lose my mind. Or get put on probation, which means that they'd try to stop Rocket and I from seeing eachother. I don't care though, even if they are reading this right now, I'd break whatever rules were put in front of me just to see her. I'd break out of wherever they throw me if it meant I could spend time with her more than just once a week. But it wouldn't be a discrete "dig under the ground with a spoon" breakout, I'd start a riot, then all of us would get out. Well, those of us that aren't getting the shit beat out of us or fighting with the officers.
Dmitri says that we probably won't get juvie though. How would he know? It's not like he's been picked up for shit like this before, plus they might be getting me with some federal charges or some bullshit like that, we don't know what they're charging me with because the genius in charge of serving me my summons LOST MY FUCKING PAPERS. Really? Your sole job is delivering some papers to a minor awaiting his court date, and you lose the papers? What kind of a dipshit do you have to be? And this isn't just a day before thing, they told us the papers were missing 3 days ago. So now I'm going in with no fucking clue as what to expect, or how to prepare myself. So I've got to wing it and do whatever the fuck I can to get the least possible punishment for myself, and if possible Rocket. Notice I'm not going to fight for Dmitri. Nope, not after finding out just why the cops stopped to talk to us in the first place. I told him we didn't need to steal anything, but nobody fucking listens to me. If people just listened to me, and had we stuck to my plan, this wouldn't be happening right now. So fuck him, because that's the mood I'm in right now.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment