Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Leave Out All The Rest

Does anybody else find it strange that when somebody dies we only look at them two ways? We either only see all the good they did in their life, or we only see all the bad. That's not right. I mean sure, nobody wants to be remembered as some asshole who would ruin your day for drinking the wrong kind of coffee, no, we all want to be remembered as the good guy. The one who would give you the shirt of his back if yours got a stain at lunch. We all want the world to remember our good side and leave out all the rest. The Song of The Day is Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park. Now the music video for this song isn't exactly what I had expected. I was thinking it was gonna be a funeral or something, but no. It's Linkin Park walking around a space shuttle about to hit a sun. What. The. Fuck. How does it relate to the song? No fucking clue. Do I like the video anyway? Indeed I do. When I hear this song I see a broken couple. One reading a suicide letter as the other stands on the edge of a bridge, and as the last chorus rings out, the one on the bridge jumps. I don't know where I'm going with this, I've been thinking pretty chaotically since yesterday. Whatever. This song was also played during the end credits of the Twilight movie, so all you teenage girls and grown women obsessed with a closeted homosexual "vampire" or "werewolf" will recognize this if you sat through the credits at the end.
What's your song of the day readers?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment