Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Monday, April 30, 2012

You'll actually have to READ this one!

Drones by Rise Against
Our Time Now by Plain White T's
My Own Worst Enemy by Lit

All of these songs have been featured here at least once, and each of them was a candidate for today's Song of The Day. So which one won? Well, now that you're this far I suppose I should tell you so you can be on your way. Fuck that. First let me elaborate on why each one is qualified to be the SOTD.

Let's start with My Own Worst Enemy by Lit.
-Why It's Qualified
Who is the one person that's always getting in the way of your happiness? You. This goes for everyone. But relates to my day very little.
-Verdict
This is not the SOTD

Drones by Rise Against
-Why It's Qualified
Who are you in the eyes of the government? Nobody. That's what we are, and we could all take a hint from this song, and V For Vendetta (have I mentioned that's my number 2 favorite movie?).
-Verdict
Not The SOTD

Our Time Now by Plain White T's
-Qualification
Fuck all the rules, love jumps the barriers set by our peers and elders. All these things that happen between people are natural and good.
-Verdict?
Not The SOTD

So then what could it be? Wait, what's this?! There was a fourth competitor! The Song of The Day is All I Want by A Day To Remember. All I want is a place to call my own. To get out of this town. There were really only two options for the SOTD anyway, and both were by A Day To Remember. It was either All I Want or All Signs Point To Lauderdale.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment