Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Island

Topic one. Don't get married to somebody with children if you're not ready to be a parent. My Mother's Husband, no longer known as the stepfather because that insinuates that he's a parent, really wants nothing to do with any of us. Not me, not my sister, and not his daughter. His reason for being here? As far as I can tell he doesn't have one. He never has anything nice to say about anyone, not me, not my sisters, not my mother. He bitches about everything and has told me before that he doesn't need any of us (which I find to be completely untrue because he can't really clean up after himself, as displayed by his and my mothers room.). And he displays no outward affection towards my mother, mainly just sexual actions towards her. Just what I see though. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right again.
Now I've been getting this a lot. "Why'd you try to run?". Well, the answer is because of all of the bullshit that daily life requires us to deal with. Then there's my biological father, "I just don't understand why you don't want to live with me. Look at all your friends up here, they're all going to be successful and not a total fuck up. And somehow that's all because they live near me." (okay so that's not exactly what he says, but in a nutshell that's what I'm getting from it.) And the answer, which I didn't want to say before because I really didn't want to hurt his feelings , but his constant referring to Rocket as just another "piece of ass" (do it again old man, I fucking dare you.) has pushed me beyond caring about how he feels. So the real answer comes in three parts. First of all, you keep fucking comparing me to EVERYONE. I know I'm not who YOU want me to be, but I'm working towards being who I want to be, and in my life that's what matters. Part 2, you don't care what I want to do, you're going to push me into what you did as a kid. You're going to do whatever it takes to make me just like you, and no matter how many times you tell me not to be like you you're just going to keep pushing me towards it. And that's what pisses you off the most right now, that I'm not just like you. Lastly, and this one will really hurt, it's that you're fucking boring. Everything is the same with you. Maybe I'll regret saying all this later, but right now it feels pretty damn good.
Next up, now that I've gone off on my little rant that has absolutely nothing to do with my Song of The Day, is my Song of The Day which happens to be Island by The Starting Line. Because that's where we'd be right now. Some little island or coastal area in the South. In a way I'm kinda glad they caught us, but now I've sampled freedom. I want more. I want that feeling of not having to report or call in to anyone, or having to leave Rocket at 3:00 pm every day. And I know I've only got a couple years until then, but a year is a long time, and I know how things turn out, but no matter how positive it is if we stay, I can't wait. I'm an impatient little bastard.
So readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment