Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sing For The Moment

Because I'm the bad guy. Because in the eyes of those in control, I'll always be a bad guy. Which, a year ago I would've been psyched about, because a year ago I didn't have as much to lose as I do now. Now I've got a dream, I had a future, I have real love, and I have more than two real friends. I had a place I belonged, and a group I belonged to. So today's Song of The Day is Sing For The Moment by my hero, Eminem. Eminem is one of my greatest inspirations because he's a guy that's been persecuted for his music, his actions, and what he believes in, and he just decides "fuck that shit" and gets up, gets clean, and gets back to making music, doing what he does, and standing up for what he believes in. He's a man that got his life back in order after everything turned to shit for him. And this one song, it's a reminder. It lets me know that I don't need to be thinking about my future right now, no matter what the rest of the world says, I just need to live for the moment. That doesn't mean I'm going to be careless, I'm just going to start having fun with what I can do in my life now.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment