Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hero of War

I like Rise Against. For several reasons. The first of which being their music obviously, second, and you have to pay attention for this reason, their videos and songs trash the government. WIN! Now you could make the arguement that without the American government we would still be living under British rule, I could prove you wrong with startling historical accuracy. But that's not what this blog is for. The song of the day is Hero of War by Rise Against. This song gets to me. Because it's true, all the stuff you hear about happening over there in Iraq and Iran and how it's so easy for them to do their job. Those are lies. Or maybe it's true and you're just talking to the wrong people. Now I'm not saying that everything in this song is true, I don't know if the singer as any military experience, but the lyrics and the video kind of piss me off. "A hero of war, is that what they see? Just medals and scars, so damned proud of me. I brought home this flag, now it gathers dust, but it's a flag that I love, it's the only flag I trust" Patriotic, yet with some apparent resentment towards what he had to go through to bring home that flag. I have to cut this short again. Sorry, but I close with my usual question of what your song of the day is? Leave your song and initials (if you post under anonymous) in the comment section below, and if you want then a short description of why that song fits today. That's all for now Readers.

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment