Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Make It Stop (Septembers Children)

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of walking through the halls of schools, grocery stores, even Wal-Marts, and seeing this idea run rampant. The idea that you can trash your fellow man just for their choice of sexuality. No, not even choice, just the way they are. Ladies, Gentleman, and those of unspecified gender, my topic for today is Homophobia in America and how it is reflected upon the youth of the country. Listen to this fucking song. Towards the end Tim MacElrath lists off the names of homosexual teens that killed themselves because our society refused to accept them. The Song Of The Day is Make It Stop (Septembers Children) by Rise Against, and it is about how homophobic assholes and bullies in high school push so many to suicide before they can even... Fuck this. Just don't fucking do it. Maybe you're just projecting your insecurities upon another because you're gay and are too much of a little chickenshit to come out with it. I have gay friends, and I'll defend them for who they are. Sure we use the word "gay" as an insult to anything we don't like sometimes, but there are other words. And I'm trying to stop calling things gay in an insulting fashion, because it's not right for me to do. Instead I've come up with my own little thing that I've been saying when I dislike something, FUCKING NAZI-CANCERSTICK PROPAGANDA BULLSHIT!!! See? Not once in that term did I use "gay" in a negative way. Because it's not a negative thing, it's somebodies lifestyle, and that's not saying you can say that to offend them, because if you are gay/ transsexual or whatever then it shouldn't bother you anyway. It's just a word. And it's you, it's what you feel on the inside isn't it? Not that I'm supporting the use of "gay" as an insult (see words above all this, if you just skipped down to this specific line), but I don't think that being called gay should bother you if you truly are.
Back to my message to all of the homophobes that might be reading this, stop being assholes. Just stop it. When the kid that you verbally, or even physically, assaulted kills themselves because they think that the rest of their life would be like what you did to them, will you feel accomplished? Content? Happy even, knowing that an innocent persons blood and death will forever stain your hands you pathetic sick fucks? I have a friend that has been talked out of suicide at least 4 times now because of people like you. And to the asshole that told my friend Wolfie that "all gays should be lined up and shot in the head", the ratio of homosexual to heterosexual at your school is 2:1, and those odds are NOT in your favor. If it helps, think of what will happen when people figure out that they can kill themselves in prison, after they've murdered those of you that tortured them for who they are, but I guess that would depend on how proud and arrogant one person can be.
In a way I guess all of this could be compared to the Salem Witch Trials. American society pressures you, and pressures you to admit that you're slightly different from the majority, even if you're not. And then, when you give up, you're persecuted for the rest of your life. I can't be the only one sick of seeing this happen to, not only the youth of our nation, but even grown men and women, just admitting to themselves and the world their feelings.

Readers, homophobia is a serious issue in todays world and should not be treated lightly. Regardless of where you are, or who you are, none of us are better than another just because of sexual preference. Look up Lady Gaga's speech called The Prime Rib of America (or something like that), it's one of the greatest speeches on Don't Ask Don't Tell and opposing homophobia ever written and spoken. Stand up for your fellow human beings, don't let homophobic ideas rule your mind, anybody who feels the need to trash another person just because of their sexuality is clearly not confident in the one that they follow now. Don't tolerate homophobia in your schools, on your streets, or in the hearts of those that you hold dear. How many must be killed with harsh words and baseball bats before America truly understands that a nation divided within itself cannot stand as one in a time of need?! MAKE IT STOP, MAKE THIS END, before our hatred towards eachother ends us.

Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life


1 comment:

  1. Right to Choose - Anti-Flag

    Same issue(Yes, I do try to make all my songs of the day relate to your posts), similar genre.

    ReplyDelete