Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Perfect

To my Father. I'm sorry I forgot your birthday, but think of this as a balance. The year you forgot mine has flipped sides, and I can almost guarantee it won't happen again. I'm also sorry that I didn't stay with you in Pennsylvania. The reason why I left is because I had become what I didn't want to be. Sure, I learned to fight, to defend myself and my friends. I learned about honor and respect. I also learned who I wanted to be. I wanted to be a rocker. Not just another high school sports player. Not the wide receiver who scores the winning touchdowns for the teams. Not the wrestler who sees everyone as another enemy. I wanted to shape myself rather than have somebody else try to shape who I was going to be. Your influence, along with Brandi, David, Alex and Daisy, helped me to decide what is best for myself. I'm not wasting my time by doing what I want, I'm just trying to give you a reason to be proud of your son. And I haven't failed yet. This band is going to work. If I thought I could balance the Band, dating Rocket, sports, and good grades all on the same scale, then I'd try it. But I can't be perfect for everyone. I've tried, and somebody ends up getting hurt, emotionally and physically. I know you disapprove of my musical pursuit, and that I'd rather write poetry and songs rather than play football and watch sports, but our playbooks don't seem to agree. The song Of The Day is Perfect By Simple Plan.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

No comments:

Post a Comment