Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Monday, October 24, 2011

All Downhill From Here

It's finally done. Today marks the true end of my friendship with The Girl, and I just tossed out the only friendship that I thought would last till.. Well, I just thought it would last. But I said that I was done. It was the most recent conversation (yesterday) that did it. She thought that she didn't matter to me anymore, I guess I showed her how right that was, when it's a lie.
As infants we learn through trial and error. We stick our hand to a hot stove and burn ourselves, we don't do it again. So why did I keep talking to her? If every conversation reminded me of the entire road before it, every mistake and every word I shouldn't've said, every time she hurt me and every time I wanted to make her feel the same pain (guess this works...). Another reason why I'm number one on my list of people to shoot while I'm still alive.
The Song Of The Day is All Downhill From Here by Newfound Glory. "Catalyst, you exist to pull me down. You contradict the fact that you still want me around. And it's all downhill from here.". I suppose it also could've been Addicted by Simple Plan, not for the love song aspect, but because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop texting her. Or wanting to talk to her. It's not love, love is what I feel for Rocket. It was different for The Girl. When I did tell her that I loved her (In Florida, before the incident with Alex. The one name that I don't give a fuck about.), I meant it, and she said that she felt the same way. And not a week later she's going out with Alex. Funny. Her excuse for it (as I understand it) was that she didn't want to get close to me when she was just going to leave. I believe her. Took awhile, but I believe her, not that it matters. Why am I still typing this? Fuck. But back to the infantile logic example. When a person keeps hurting you (on purpose or not), why would you stay around them? So that's why I wanted to end our friendship. Because we would've continued that stupid little cycle of one of us hurting the other again and again. Not only was I sick of being hurt, I don't want to hurt her. So my final "attack" was saying goodbye, which is this. Not 6 hours pass and I'm already regretting it. Too damn proud and logical to go back on it now.
Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

1 comment: