Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

When I Grow Up

When I grow up I'm going to be a motherfucking rockstar, and fuck you if you say any different. Seriously though, how many of you reading this never got to live your dream? Never got to be famous, be known, have massive orgies with random groupies backstage (not exactly my style, just going through the lyrics and adding my own shit along the way). The Song of The Day is When I Grow Up by Mayday Parade. Yes, another cover. It's from the second volume of Punk Goes Pop. Back to the topic. As a kid you probably wanted to be famous at some point. You also probably wanted to be a superhero strictly because they get to run around in their pajamas all day and night. But yeah, our dreams die as we get older, and only the brave and stupid continue to pursue them. Just call me stupid, but I'm nearly 17 and I still dream about the crowd screaming for me. Of course when I was REALLY little (like 6 or 7) I wanted to be Spiderman, but when I discovered that you can die of spiders poison, the thought of letting an irradiated one bite me kinda destroyed those thoughts (I'm lying of course, I still wouldn't mind being Spiderman.). What about you? Yeah, the one still living in his mothers basement for free taking online college courses and working as a pizza delivery boy at age 32. What happened to your dreams? Did they die around the time you left home after high school and realized "I'm gonna fucking die out here"? Maybe you just didn't try hard enough. Go watch Mr. Deeds. That part at the end where they're all in the little courtroom talking about what they wanted to be when they grew up. Good movie anyway, but that part in specific, and because the Monopoly Man makes me laugh. Anyway, I can't remember where I was in this post and I don't feel like reading what I already typed just so I can repeat myself again.
So Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

1 comment:

  1. Paradise - Coldplay.

    When I was little, I wanted to be good at something when I grew up.

    ReplyDelete