Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Half-Truism

I FUCKING LOVE THIS BAND! Just thought I'd put that out there. I have yet to find a song by The Offspring that I don't like, and if you don't like them, LEAVE. Actually don't, I need the readers. I almost stabbed a kid at school for dissing The Offspring..... Okay, maybe that was a bit much, but fuck it. I don't really care what the song is about right now, not in the mood to interpret or translate into my own words. The lyrics are great though. The first few lines of the first verse and then everything after the first chorus, all good. Well, maybe I will put some stuff out. The first verse, the beginning of the first verse I mean, goes "One is for envy and one is for spite. The cuts in my heart, they show in your eyes" Maybe some girl hurt him emotionally. The heart could be an example of symbolism, usually emotion, love, y'know. Let me look up the definition of Envy really quick..... So envy is pretty much jealousy. So maybe some jealous chick saw him with one of his chick friends and said something that hurt him just in spite of that. That makes sense right? Whatever. Uh, the lines "You'll make it better, shake it off. It never mattered anyway" could go both ways. Either their relationship as friends or a couple or friends trying to become a couple never mattered, or the pain-inflicting part never mattered. Then the chorus, "If we don't make it alive, it's a hell of a good day to die. All our light that shines strong, only lasts for so long" Maybe making up, rebuilding the relationship. "If we don't make it alive" could be that their relationship is on the line and it might not survive. "All our light that shines strong, only lasts for so long" No matter what, they knew it was only temporary. Relationships are like food, it all expires sometime, when it's at it's ripest it can only get worse, and if not put on ice at a certain point may result in too much of a bond developing. Fuck all that, it's that mindset that fucked up my friendship with The Girl. Was a good simile though wasn't it? Anyway, Song of the day is Half-Truism by The Offspring, it can be found (along with all their other greatest songs) on their greatest hits album. If you were expecting something sappy for mothers day, you got screwed, sorry.

Readers, what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

1 comment: