Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Friday, May 6, 2011

If You Only Knew/The Pretender

This is a double, I didn't post anything all week because I'm a dumbass and said a few things I shouldn't've on Tuesday and lost the greatest friend anyone could have. And go ahead and accuse me of being a suck up because I know she'll read this, nothing wrong with it! :P The song for Tuesday is Definitely My Own Worst Enemy by Lit, A good song, and fairly relevant. Song of the Week, If You Only Knew by Shinedown. Not even gonna bother explaining. The song of the day though, EPIC. One of my favorite songs. The Pretender by Foo Fighters. When I was younger I used to think the chorus was "One of our fav's is not like the others, one of our fav's is not just another, one our fav's, your the pretender, one of favs will never surrender" (Fav's being an abbreviation for favorite, or fave.) I was way off! It's "What if I say I'm not like the others? What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays, you're the pretender. What if I say that I'll never surrender?" I like the song, I think it's about secrets, lies, friends, and not giving up on something you want or believe in. This song has cured me of my temporary "I'm done singing" thing, and I'm back, working on getting together a new band, right now it's just me and this kid Camron, along with my friend Young Neil, we might have a drummer, but we need a lead guitarist. "I'm the voice inside your head, you refuse to hear. I'm the face that you have to face, mirrored in your stare. I'm what's left. I'm what's right. I'm the enemy. I'm the hand that'll take you down, and bring you to your knees" Get in the way of my new goal, and I'll kill you :) Anyway, before I can focus on the band, I have to try and earn my friendship with The Girl back, for some reason she thinks I deserve a second chance, and for this I have a quote from Paramore's Misery Business "Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change". Looks like I have to prove Haley (Idk how to spell her name, the singer chick from paramore, her last name is Williams) wrong. She decided to give me a second chance, and for my sanity, I won't disappoint her.
So reader(s), what's your song of the day?

Music=Life

4 comments:

  1. Here's Looking At You, Kids - The Gaslight Anthem


    And don't worry about her, you're the only one of her friends making an effort to keep the friendship alive. You have no idea how much that means to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can worry all I want Autumn. She needs more than a musically obsessed fool for a friend, so I'm trying to be more. How do you improve the indestructible? Break it, build it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, she thinks more of you than just a "musically obsessed fool for a friend." You're doing things better than you think. In my opinion, you are the best person to have entered her life. A few mistakes, no matter how big, won't change that.


    And I made a typo in my last post. The song is "Here's Looking At You, Kid" not Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And after I've already rebuilt. Damn.

    ReplyDelete