Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You're Gonna Go Far Kid

What do you picture yourself doing in the future? I'm nearing the end of my second year in high school, saw something about a graduation on tv today, and realized I might not go to college. This got me thinking, maybe I could fake my way through life. People get paid to lie all the time. Witnesses, lawyers, juries, and dirty cops. But I'm not a very good liar, then the lines popped into my head; "Show me how to lie, you're getting better all the time and turning all against one is an art that's hard to teach. A never clever word sets off an unsuspecting hurt and as you step back into line, a mob jumps to their feet". Can I be taught how to lie for personal gain? I mean, photoshopping a photo of two people kissing to ruin an assholes relationship is different (turns out he killed himself the next week, do I feel bad? I accomplished something), actually telling a lie, that's hard. Lying to my parents is easy, they'll believe anything (Here's hoping they don't read this!) But todays song is one of my favorites by The Offspring. I like the chorus. "Now dance, fucker dance, he never had a chance. And no-one even knew it was really always you." the second part changes after each verse, give me a sec to get it for you... "And now you steal away, till you come out today. Nice work you did, you're gonna go far kid" or, I guess that's the pre-chorus... FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK. Here's the chorus; "With a thousand lies and a good disguise, hit 'em right between the eyes, hit 'em right between the eyes. When you walk away, nothing more to say, see the lightning in your eyes, see 'em running, for their lives" Maybe the songs not totally about lying, but now I've got that connection in my head that this song somehow represents my future. If you haven't seen the music video, it's kinda funny. He's given a golden guitar with the power to make people beautiful, and he uses it for personal gain. So in the end, the Goddess that gave him the guitar, uses her music on him and he disappears. He was greedy. Gods I hope I'm not like that after High school. Anyway, the song of the day is You're Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring, from their album Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.
Now, you know the question readers, at least I hope you do.... What's your song of the day?

Music=Life

2 comments:

  1. As a side question for anyone reading this, where do you see yourself in the future, be it two years or twenty, where do you honestly think you'll be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll be dead in the future. That's the only thing I'm certain of, and the only thing that matters in the end.

    Song of the day is one I strongly suggest you give a listen. Parallels by Misery Signals. There's a part in the song that makes me think of you, as well as myself(we seem to be a like in a lot of ways).

    "Speak to me, what can be said
    While we're still being honest
    Only then we will these marks start to heal
    And cleanse us of these demons
    But there's so much to say
    and there's so little time

    Take my hand and walk with me
    Lead me to salvation
    And in return I'll offer you
    My pledge to start all over
    But there's so much to say
    and we're so far behind"

    ReplyDelete