Get Infected

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sell Your Soul

Song of the Week is Sell Your Soul by Hollywood Undead, from their Swan Songs album. I like this song. I think it's about how religion controls most peoples lives. The beginning of each verse is done by Duece, the rest of the 1st verse is done by Charlie Scene, the second verse is done by J-Dog, or maybe it's J, then Charlie? All I know is my favorite part, the part that J3T does (Google chrome's dictionary recognizes J3T as a word???). The final verse. It goes like this;
My Heart beat stumbles and my back-bone crumbles
I feel is it real as the lynch mob doubles
They want blood and they'll kill for it
Drain me and they'll kneel for it
Burn me at the stake, met the devil, made the deal for it
Guillotine dreams, now their guillotine gleams
With the blood of their enemies
Watch you while they sentence me
Sentencing ceased, sentence deceased
And watch them bask in the glory of their holy disease

That's the best part of the song (in my opinion). This is my song of the week because I had a lot of religious conversations this week. Explaining how the bible is wrong to superchristians and almost being stabbed by this chick Summer (she has major issues, nobody cares how long you went through anger management, I've done it, it's not that hard.) for explaining how (Historically) the Catholic religion has had more people killed "In The Name Of God" (not Ala, not talking about Muslims here, just christians. I have yet to meet a super-religious muslim. And I can guarantee you that when I do, I'll piss them off too.) than any other branch of Christianity. C'mon people, the Crusades ring any bells?! Then I went of on this kid on my bus Fred, tells me every day how I'm going to hell because I haven't found jesus. I found "Jesus", he lives in one of the most popular, and most boring, pieces of fiction of all time. Maybe you've heard of it, The Bible? Then the Mormons were next. Did you know that in the Mormon religion there is no such thing as hell? Supposedly none of them ever go to hell. Who knows how the mormon religion got started? A man had some "gold tablets" that only he was allowed to see, and he had to look through a special round rock to translate them. So the scribe that he's had writing all his translations takes the pieces home to his wife, his wife then hides them and says that if the dude is a real prophet that he can rewrite everything exactly how it was the first time. So the prophet goes back and tells John whatshisname that he lost the pages. He gets all pissy and says "I must pray over this" comes back and tells the dude something along the lines of "god is very mad at you, and has told me that we must write it again. But this time it will be worded differently." So after a day of writing all his bullshit down the scribe takes the pages back, and guess what happens next. The old and the new don't match up. Y'know what the best part is? All of this is set in America in the 1800's! PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN THIS BULLSHIT. How sad is that? I've been going through religion for a year now, and I've found only two that don't have one isolated god. I can't remember exactly, but it's either Pagan or Wiccan that worship the land and elements of Earth. But hey, if I'm wrong and all that Christianity shit is real, I'll laugh all the way to the ninth floor of hell. For traitors and those who have committed the highest sins against "God".
Until next week readers, what's your song of the Week?

Music=Life

1 comment:

  1. Shamanism, Druidism, and Wicca all worship the Earth in various ways. My friend's mum practices Wicca, and I noticed it's a lot similar to Druidism, which I practice. And doing research, I found that Druidism is a form of Shamanism. They're all tied together some how, yet are different.


    And you were saying how the Catholics had people kill in the name of God. You forgot to mention that the Catholics had a "religious war" against Protestants in Europe. They ran around and killed any Protestant they could find, especially in France. I think they killed almost half their population just because of that reason alone. I've always views Christianity as something the "Church" created in an attempt to gain power. Because, as we all know, power and the attempt to obtain it is the main struggle of Humankind.

    Best God In Show - NOFX

    ReplyDelete